Already Enrolled in this Course?
Login directly to SIRTLiving.com
Take advantage of this free curriculum.
The most common message we hear from instructors is an interest in additional curriculums to deliver to your students. We have been working hard to put together a curriculum to “pave over all the cracks” to fully support you to put on a 3 hour drill based pistol course. The adjacent video is a quick screen share going over the course.
Applied Fundamentals Train the Trainer Course: $49.50, for our loyal longtime instructors.... FREE.
Are you interested in this course?
The Applied Fundamentals course is a “train the trainer” course. It is kind of unique because there is a heavy emphasis on drills, coaching up students and you can execute this course off the range. The Applied Fundamentals instructor development course covers:
- Safety: room setup, safety brief, covering safety rules related to a drill based course.
- Trigger Control: best practices for introducing a this key fundamental.
- Follow through with trigger re-prep: break a shot and properly reset and re-prep the trigger drills.
- Grip: getting the perfect grip based on main two objectives.
- Grip Establishment: a grossly under taught skill, how to consistently achieve that perfect grip.
- Natural Point Aim (NPA): grip it and rip it! More importantly, what are the limits of NPA.
- NPA related to sight alignment/picture: good NPA helps us find the sights.
- Sequencing: the concept of overlapping actions to increase accuracy and decrease time.
- Stance (platform): how to get students in an amazing stance in sub 20 seconds.
- Integrated safety: a progressor drill to get students to work on fundamentals and have muzzle awareness and finger off trigger when liabilities are in front of them.
There are many more aspects to this course but the main focus is getting hands on with the best skill development training possible and integrating safe gun handling of trigger finger discipline and muzzle awareness. The total participation involvement (TPI) is strongly emphasized in this course where students are on their feet and staying meaningfully active.
Screenshare overview of this course!