Grip Objectives New
This video addresses the main objectives of grip. The two main objectives are 1) align the pistol based on the feel of the gun and 2) have the muzzle return to a consistent location, shot after shot after shot. Instead of diving into specifics of “hold a gun like this”, “give this much pressure here and there”,…. let’s take a step back and look at what we are trying to achieve with a “good” grip on the pistol.
div style=’padding-top:30px;padding-bottom:0px;border-top-width:px;border-top-style:solid;border-top-color:;border-bottom-width:px;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-color:;’ class=”row three-columns cf ui-sortable section ” id=”le_body_row_3″ data-style=”eyJlbGVtZW50SWQiOiJsZV9ib2R5X3Jvd18zIiwicGFkZGluZ1RvcCI6IjMwIiwicGFkZGluZ0JvdHRvbSI6IjAiLCJib3JkZXJUb3BXaWR0aCI6IiIsImJvcmRlclRvcENvbG9yIjoiIiwiYm9yZGVyQm90dG9tV2lkdGgiOiIiLCJib3JkZXJCb3R0b21Db2xvciI6IiIsInNlY3Rpb25TZXBhcmF0b3JUeXBlIjoibm9uZSIsInNlY3Rpb25TZXBhcmF0b3JTdHlsZSI6IiIsImV4dHJhcyI6eyJhbmltYXRpb25FZmZlY3QiOiIiLCJhbmltYXRpb25EZWxheSI6IiJ9LCJyb3dTY3JvbGxGaXhlZFBvc2l0aW9uIjoibm9uZSIsImFkZG9uIjp7fX0=”>
[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”undefined” align=”left”]Take a look at how are you currently grip a pistol. Think about your natural point of aim, where the gun naturally aligns when you establish your grip.
Imagine having a grip where the muzzle naturally returns back down the same location where you can fire the pistol is rapidly as your finger will allow and make one ragged hole in the target.
As you watch the rest of the videos think about how ever bit of information drives towards these two core objectives.[/text_block][/op_liveeditor_element]
- Always remember to train safely. Adapting the live fire training rules will ensure we can maintain a 100% safety record when training with the SIRT.
[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”style_1.png” align=”left” font_shadow=”light” left_padding=”50″ width=”500″]
- All guns are always loaded. Treat the SIRT like a live fire gun. Don’t point it at other people unless you are following strict Force on Force Safety Protocol.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. Always have awareness where you are pointing the SIRT.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target. This is one of the best safety training you can do with your SIRT. Be sure the trigger is off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it. Have a good ballistic backstop when training. So just in case somehow a live fire gun got in your training space, a discharged bullet will be caught in the target area where you are training.
[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”undefined” align=”left”]Grip Objectives: 02 of 17
Video Time: 1:56s
I have seen shooters with an unorthodox grip, but yet, achieve these two objectives. An objective-based approach allows us to shake out best mechanics for each particular shooter.[/text_block][/op_liveeditor_element]