Analyzing Film (2 of 3): Porpoising Gun
Your body repositioning rearward is more of a stance issue then a grip issue, but nonetheless, getting rocked back is not good. This video goes into how to recognize this issue and provides some tips on how to remedy this problem.
div style=’padding-top:30px;padding-bottom:0px;border-top-width:px;border-top-style:solid;border-top-color:;border-bottom-width:px;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-color:;’ class=”row three-columns cf ui-sortable section ” id=”le_body_row_3″ data-style=”eyJlbGVtZW50SWQiOiJsZV9ib2R5X3Jvd18zIiwicGFkZGluZ1RvcCI6IjMwIiwicGFkZGluZ0JvdHRvbSI6IjAiLCJib3JkZXJUb3BXaWR0aCI6IiIsImJvcmRlclRvcENvbG9yIjoiIiwiYm9yZGVyQm90dG9tV2lkdGgiOiIiLCJib3JkZXJCb3R0b21Db2xvciI6IiIsInNlY3Rpb25TZXBhcmF0b3JUeXBlIjoibm9uZSIsInNlY3Rpb25TZXBhcmF0b3JTdHlsZSI6IiIsImV4dHJhcyI6eyJhbmltYXRpb25FZmZlY3QiOiIiLCJhbmltYXRpb25EZWxheSI6IiJ9LCJyb3dTY3JvbGxGaXhlZFBvc2l0aW9uIjoibm9uZSIsImFkZG9uIjp7fX0=”>
Rolling the elbows can tighten your squeeze and raise your arms to reduce the entire gun from lifting. Raising your elbows also raises your platform to be closer to the line of thrust of the pistol which is directly behind barrel.
- Always remember to train safely. Adapting the live fire training rules will ensure we can maintain a 100% safety record when training with the SIRT.
- All guns are always loaded. Treat the SIRT like a live fire gun. Don’t point it at other people unless you are following strict Force on Force Safety Protocol.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. Always have awareness where you are pointing the SIRT.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target. This is one of the best safety training you can do with your SIRT. Be sure the trigger is off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it. Have a good ballistic backstop when training. So just in case somehow a live fire gun got in your training space, a discharged bullet will be caught in the target area where you are training.
Video Time: 1:22s
Another less common issue is where the pistol rises and falls like a dolphin. You can identify this potential issue easily from the high speed video of yourself on phone.[/text_block][/op_liveeditor_element]